Transformative Leadership Award
WHAT: This award recognizes employees or volunteers in the SND national network who inspire hope and excellence as they lead others to a fuller, freer life. As catalysts for growth, award recipients inspire the hearts and transform the lives of those with whom they minister.
WHO: Nominees for the Transformative Leadership Award demonstrate vision, mission effectiveness, and have exceptional, inspirational impact in relation to themselves, God, others, and/or creation.
WHEN: The award recipient(s) will be announced to the network on the first Monday in May. The presentation of the award to the award recipient is at the discretion of each institution.
HOW: Each sponsored and affiliated ministry is eligible to submit up to three (3) nominations annually for this award. Please note the following rules and guidelines:
- Any employee or volunteer of the SND national network may submit a nomination.
- Valid nominations consist of a completed nomination form endorsed by a member of the ministry’s administration, as well as a narrative of 250 words or less on why the nominee deserves the award.
- The completed form and narrative can be submitted to the office by mail, e-mail or through our website. Further instructions can be found on the nomination form.
- Files on nominees will be kept active for three (3) years, after which the candidate must either be renominated with an updated file, or the file will be closed.
- There is no set minimum or maximum for the number of awards given. We do not wish to place a cap on awarding those who passionately demonstrate the qualities outlined in the Transformative Leadership Award.
- All nominations, including those on file, will be reviewed in April by a national nominations committee.
- Nominations must be received by March 31 for consideration in that year’s award recipient announcement.
- A master list of all award recipients will be kept in a book at the SND Motherhouse in Rome, similar to the Distinguished Graduate Award. The list will also be kept on the SND National Education Office website.
- Awards and certificates will be shipped to each ministry with an award recipient by the first Friday in May. The cost of the award, certificate and shipping with be covered by the SND National Education Office and is considered a benefit of membership in the SND Network.
- Nominations are confidential and all award nomination materials are confidential.
Transformative Leadership Award Recipients
2021 Award Recipients
Ms. Lannie Davis-Frecker - President, Julie Billiart Network (Lyndhurst, OH)
Sr. Jacquelyn Gusdane - Past President, Notre Dame Schools (Chardon, OH)
Ms. Tamara Harper - Board Chair, La Reina High School and Middle School (Thousand Oaks, CA)
Sr. Pat McClain - Past President, Lial Catholic School (Whitehouse, OH)
Ms. Dulce Roman - Past Principal, Clearwater Central Catholic High School (Clearwater, FL)
Mr. Joseph Waler - Principal, Notre Dame - Cathedral Latin School (Chardon, OH)
2018 Award Recipients
Ms. Nancy Coonis - Executive Director, Western Catholic Education Association (Los Angeles, CA). (Past President of Notre Dame Academy Schools in Los Angeles)
Sr. Dianne Rumschlag - Head of School, Guardian Catholic School (Jacksonville, FL)