Three presidents and three board members attended the national BoardSource Leadership Forum in Seattle Washington, October, 2017. The program addressed a range of board and leadership roles, effective practices and succession planning for both non-profit leadership and boards.
Attending from the SND Education Partnership:
- NDA in KY: Laura Koehl, President and Amy Quinn, Board Chair
- La Reina High School & Middle School in CA: Tony Guevara, Head of School and Henry Workman, Board Chair
- NDA School in CA: Richard Haval, Board member and past Board Chair
- NDA in Toledo: Kim Grilliot, President
- Sr. Mary Frances Taymans, Director of the National Education Office
The group gathered at dinner at the FareStart Cafe in downtown Seattle. Under the direction of the head chef the Cafe is staffed by persons in a 14 week transition employment program. Their acceptance includes housing, progressive education and practice in the culinary arts and job placement at the conclusion of the program.
Pictured left-to-right: Kim Grilliot, Tony Guevara, Rich Havel, Henry Workman, Laura Koehl, Amy Quinn, Sr. Mary Frances Taymans