It was a day filled with smiles, balloons, and joyful voices! After a long journey of fundraising, designing and building Notre Dame Academy’s new state-of-the art learning space was officially dedicated on Sunday, October 29th. Christened “21st Century Excellence without Boundaries”, the Collaborative Learning Center (CLC) transformed a traditional 20th century library into a high-tech environment in which people and their relationships are the center.
The CLC was one of four components of a $7 Million capital campaign that was launched in October 2016. The campaign supported four funding priorities: Chapel Renovation; a 21st Century Collaborative Learning Center; a new Food Court and Student Commons; and Elevator and ADA compliance. In addition to the CLC, the completed Food Court and Student Commons areas were also included in the dedication and blessing ceremony. NDA’s new Mary, Mother of the World Chapel is scheduled to be completed in the spring and a special Chapel Blessing Ceremony will be held in March of 2019.
Barb Benkert, the Librarian/Graphic Design teacher, has been busy capturing all sorts of interesting 21st century educational experiences taking place in the CLC. Senior Emily Egbers can be seen working at one of the new writable glass tables. Mothers beware – it’s OK to write on the tables!
The dedication ceremony included the Most Rev. Roger J. Foys, the bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, and many of the Sisters of Notre Dame who have played an important role in the life of the school since its founding in 1906. The new CLC is receiving rave reviews from students, teachers and parents and serves a vital role in supporting communication, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
Congratulations to Notre Dame Academy and your entire educational community!